All Things Star Trek (Series and Movies)
- I finished watching season 7 of ST: TNG and am inconsolable that I finally watched it all and now there’s nothing new to watch. If you know you know. I may have cried my way all through that last episode.
- I never expected that I would be `shipping Deanna and Worf but now they have me convinced Worf would have been better for her than Riker. But I’ve started my partial rewatch of DS9 (I only watched the first 2 seasons IIRC) and I guess I have Worf/Jadzia to look forward to.
- Star Trek SNW is so good. I’m hyped for more of this.
- Started watching Lower Decks! Just the first episode so far but I really enjoyed it!
- Every now and then I say to myself, “The Office Furniture of Star Trek” and chortle. But honestly, I spend an inordinate amount of time paying attention to tables and chairs across all of the series. Maybe it’s because I’m also a theatre nerd (who taught performance studies for awhile), or maybe it’s because I spend most of my life in offices. So I giggle at the `90s furniture in ST:TNG and am always craning my neck to see what furniture turns up on different sets.
- I’m really bummed the Star Trek movies are no longer on Netflix (nor on HBO). You can rent or buy from Apple TV but it’s not cheap. I might just go rewatch Picard as it actually ties in nicely with the last few episodes of ST:TNG. Probably owning the physical media will be something I need to look into, this year.
- I uninstalled Star Trek: Legends from my phone tonight. To be honest, I’ve been enjoying Hearthstone more and it was time to leave. I have so little time for games, I need to prioritize which games get more attention! I’m not sure ST:Legends merits any more of my attention.
- I installed Hearthstone on my phone but I’m not spending that much time playing it because each game is long and quite involved. Been years since I was on a Hearthstone groove and a lot has changed so I am enjoying the learning curve. Strategy games are catnip to me. For now, the challenge is fresh!
- My interest in Pokemon Go has waned a tiny bit. Which is a good thing. I like my gameplay to be at a sustainable level of interest and involvement because I have so little gameplay time. But I do enjoy sending and receiving gifts, plus the battles. It still enriches my experience when I am on the go and walking. It’s done a lot to encourage me towards better mobility in my road to recovery so I’ve appreciated that.
- Reacquainting myself with Diablo III. Played a bit last weekend and will do a bit more this coming weekend.
- I plan to do a couple of side-quests on WoW this weekend also, since I cleared a huge amount of work backlog this week. I reckon I deserve a reward and time on WoW fits the bill.
- I’m also playing at Chess.com every now and again but chess progress belongs over at Bibliotheca Luminis (Growing Fins‘s sister-site, I guess!).