It’s been a quiet but productive day.
- I sent out contracts for the poets and authors I’ve accepted lately for Truancy 5 and 6.
- Did significant work on my monograph. I’ve made such surprising strides I might be able to deliver it ahead of my doomful schedule in December.
- Cleared some academic redtape and outstanding tasks.
- I met with the Chair of our research centre to discuss the reading groups I’m holding next year and briefed her on the situation re waiting to find out if I’ve got the grant or not. Yesterday I sent the full schedule for 2019 to my lit committee cohorts, and got good feedback from them. All up, I’m looking forward to seeing all of these things happening next year. They’re going to be held at my school, I think. I think it’s important to house it within the university although my earlier plan was to hold it in KL. I just can’t anymore with these KL people.
- Inktober! I did another nautilus-centered abstract piece. I’m aiming for one aquatic critter per day so that I’ll improve my life-drawing while still doing the abstract pieces I love.
- Weight went back down. Weight-loss is a bell curve, as we all know. But as long as I’m headed in the right direction, I’m happy.
- Third day of being vegetarian. Since it’s not for religious reasons I won’t be super strict. I’m quite sure I’m making sambal belachan this weekend, for instance — to go with the masak lode putih I’m making. Yum Yum. But I do want to do this “cleanse” of my system both for my emotional wellbeing and for my health. I do worry I’m not getting enough protein. But there’s eggs, tofu, nuts and beans. So many beans. I’m interested in seeing how long I can be vegetarian this time around. The last time I did this was in 2004, I think. I lasted fifteen days. By the end of that I was a bit frail but otherwise healthy, and I almost couldn’t eat meat again.
- I made a yummy vegetarian burger for dinner. Black beans, white mushroom, eggplant, tomato paste, caramelised onions, coriander powder, cumin powder, egg replacer powder. Worked well. I used the egg ring to fix the shape. Also had a yummy mug cake and a small scoop of ice cream.
Yes, twitter’s deactivated again. My cleanse includes not paying attention to things that will only upset me. I **am** paying attention to academic twitter on my private read-only account, because I want to see if there are grants opening or calls for papers. But that’s about it. Facebook’s still open and since I only do public posts these days I’m less discriminating about FB friends. Also, I need the account for approving members to the reading group facebook communities.
Otherwise, I’ll mostly be posting here, and pictures to my Instagram. Hoping to do more psychogeography treks, and closer to home to boot. Stay tuned.
Listening to: Ein guter Tag — Klaus Johann Grobe