Well, I’ve changed the theme for this site mostly because it’s such a bother to keep finding feature pictures and I’m all about making life easier in these difficult times, and especially since I am still grappling with multiple deadlines against fatigue and physical pain.
The Postal Modern Theatrette has been a feature of all Mythic Folk communities since 2002 and a blog label for more than one of my blogs. So I’m starting a new blog series here for a very simple reason: just noting and keeping track of what I’ve been watching lately.
- The Witcher (series) — Rewatching. This will likely be an annual rewatch. It delights even more upon rewatching.
- Little Women (movie/2019) — Utterly delighted with this one especially since I have very Strong Feelings about a certain Professor disapproving of Jo writing Gothic Fiction. Very Strong.
- A Suitable Boy (miniseries) — This is really really good. Makes me want to FINALLY read the Vikram Seth book.
- Home for Christmas 2 (series) — I enjoyed the first season of this Norwegian series. Although initially quite skeptical about the second season, I did enjoy the last two episodes in particular which seemed to wrap up both seasons quite nicely.
- Howl’s Moving Castle (animated movie) — Rewatching this for the first time since my early 30s. I love a lot of things about Miyazaki’s vision, but not the fatphobia. It really struck me like a slap across the face this time around. Would I watch it again? I don’t know. I’m all about not exposing myself to certain things if I don’t have to. Self-care.
- The Crown (series) — I watched seasons 2-4 for most of December. I can’t get over how well-written it is. But season 4 is not my favourite. Maybe because I grew up having to listen to all of the Lady Di stuff, I was even in the UK as a kid when they were preparing for the Royal Wedding, there was a class activity and we watched the wedding live (this was when we were living in Edinburgh, later we moved to London/West Kensington, though). Whatever. I do think the actors were really good but I thought the writing in Seasons 2-3 was far better.
- Discovery (series) — Really enjoying Season 3.
- Star Trek TOS — Just an episode so far. I doubt I will have time to rewatch every episode but we’ll see.
- Star Trek TNG — As above. Bits of it here and there.
That’s about all I’ve watched most of this month. I’m rewarding myself with a Bridgerton binge (unless I don’t like it) after I finish work on Truancy 9 + finally publish it.