In September I:
- Re-submitted my Gothic article to a Gothic journal.
- Solid work on my Monograph.
- Started teaching for the new semester.
- Wrote 6 poems.
- Started drafting 2 new stories with solid plots.
- Read about 4 books.
- Ran a fairytale salon.
- Was social.
- Attended Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s concert in Malaysia
- Got a flash fiction acceptance.
- A small amount of writing happened in Rosemirror.
- Got a conference abstract acceptance.
- Spanish translation of my short story was published. Waiting for the Italian translation now.
- Submitted a chunk of short fiction.
I didn’t get as much done as in August, primarily because the semester has started, I was quite social, there was a lot of work-related red tape wrangling that happened, and quite frankly July-August activity had me exhausted. I’m planning to be moderately antisocial in October so I can catch up on various things plus fix my eating/fitness regime, though I may do Tiffin once a week because I want to try things out. Also want to explore more of Kuala Lumpur in a psychogeography sense.
In October I need to:
- Finish and submit my two monograph chapters for peer-review and editor evaluation.
- Finish Draft Zero of Rosemirror because by November I want to hyper-focus on the new novel idea: the foodie novel set in Penang. I may set the Cantata aside because I want to make it much stronger. Thinking it could be a duology rather than a trilogy.
- Submit another sole-authored academic article.
- Read 10 storybooks if I want any chance of all of reaching 80-100 books read this year. This weekend is commensurately an intensive reading rather than writing weekend.
- Write 4 poems for my 36 poems in 2018 challenge.
- Draft another short story for the #12for12 short stories in 2018 challenge.
- Revise another three short stories and submit them.
- Teach, obviously.
- Lose another kg, minimum. I seem to be averaging 1-2kg a month.
- Explore more of KL because I need to get out of my comfort zone.
- FFS return to practising music. This is getting ridiculous.
- Do more art.
- Ignore trouble-makers.
Listening to: Disengaged — Grouper