Continue drafting my Millennial Malaysian Genre monograph — refers to works written in the 21st century, not just millennial-age authors. I’ve got two chapters to go.August should be about revisions. This seems to be going relatively well!
- Finalise revisions of Watermyth (it’s pretty much mostly done but have ideas on improvements). Almost there!
- Submit two academic articles. Jeepers I have been sitting on this for months!!
Finish grading this week. By tomorrow!!
- Finish drafting new hard SF short story I started yesterday.
- Finish revising Venetian romantic fantasy to be submitted sooon.
- Start drafting Rosemirror. Honest to goodness I am so excited about this. Watermyth ends on a bit of a cliffhanger so I’m dying to dive straight into What Happens Next On This Glorious And Romantic Adventure.
Work on revisions to one short story I have a revision request on. Don’t want to keep editor waiting too long. This is actually one of my top priorities.
- Start work on expanding a clockpunk alt-history short story to a novella because I pitched this earlier this year and don’t want to keep publishers waiting. Planning to deliver in September so that should give me time.
So far I have drafted 7 short stories in 2017 (plus one novella), but two of those are only partially drafted. Most of the rest have been sent out with one already accepted.